It’s that time of year again, the Rockwood Nursery School is holding our Annual Spaghetti Dinner and Auction on Saturday March 4th, 2017 from 4:00-8:30pm at the Rockmosa Community Centre. Every year, we throw a fun, family friendly event with a spaghetti dinner, fun and games for the kids, and a silent auction. We hope to make this year’s event the most successful one to date! All of the proceeds support the Rockwood Nursery School with their day to day operations. It is the school’s largest fundraising event of the year and we receive an overwhelming amount of support each year from our amazing community to pull off this event. Almost anyone you speak to in Rockwood and surrounding areas has had a child that has attended the school, knows someone attending the school, or has attended it themselves. They will all tell you what an incredible school it is with amazing teachers and a fantastic nursery school program.
Each year, we reach out to the community to kindly ask for donations to help us with the event. It’s a great way to promote your business to local families, or just help out in the community. We are looking for donations large or small of new and unused items, handmade items or services that we can auction off at the event.
Here are some of the types of items we have had donated in the past:
- Electronics (ipods, tablets, tvs, etc)
- Vacation rentals (cottage rentals, Florida condo rentals)
- Event tickets (basketball, hockey, baseball etc.)
- Handmade items (sewn or knitted items, jewellery, rustic signs and décor)
- Children’s items (games, toys, art supplies, books)
- Houseware items (small appliances, cooking utensils, dishware)
- Home décor (candles, pictures, wall hangings etc)
- Hardware (light fixtures, faucets, sinks, toilet seats)
- Gift Certificates (golf, spa, hair, photography, restaurant etc)
- Pet Supplies (dog treats, leashes, specialty collars, grooming services etc)
- Outdoor items (patio sets, gardening supplies, plants)
- Food and Desserts to serve at the dinner or specialty cakes/ cupcakes to auction
- small items for children’s prizes at the event (candy, crayons, colouring books, stickers etc)
These are just a few ideas of the types of items we have auctioned. Really, anything new and unused will be put to great use at our auction. If you happen to have anything at home that you know you will never open or use, we would definitely appreciate it.
We also need student volunteers to help during the day of the event for set up, help at the event itself, and clean up afterwards. It’s a great way to get those volunteer hours in for high school students!
All donations will be welcomed at the nursery school during school hours, or you may contact the school at 519-856-4486 or send us a message through our Facebook page. If you want to help out, but aren’t sure what you can offer, give us a call and we can give you more information.
We hope to see you all at the event on March 4th. Check out our event page on Facebook and let us know that you’re coming. If you haven’t heard already Chase and Marshall from Paw Patrol will be making a special appearance!
As always, we thank you, our community for your continued support with this event. We couldn’t pull it off without you!
The Rockwood Nursery School Board